The rich history of black people fighting in the struggle is one that defines the essence of who we are as a people. We have lifted mountains and done the extraordinary. We've overcome obstacles that are simply unimaginable for mere mortals.
The greatness and unique ability of black people to overcome the challenges that lie in front of us right now requires that we lean on our God-given greatness and learn from those who share information that will empower us for the future.
This program allows you to explore your own blackness by reviewing materials that are sure to inspire and inform the entire family. The material comes with the following:
1) One ecopy of Dr Boyce Watkins' new book, "The New Black Power."
2) A digital copy of the panels, keynotes and performances from the 2016 & 2017 All Black National Conventions
3) A digital copy of the film, "Resurrecting Black Wall Street: The Blueprint."
4) A digital copy of the film, "Wealth Education, Family and Community: A new paradigm for Black America," featuring Dr Boyce Watkins and Min Louis Farrakhan
5) A digital copy of the New Paradigm forum in Brooklyn, featuring Dr Boyce Watkins, Dr Cornel West and others.
6) A digital copy of the New Paradigm forum on Education featuring Dr Watkins, Dr Steve Perry and other experts
7) Exclusive invitations to livestream sessions with Dr Watkins, as well as recordings of these events
8) Access to all content included in the Black Leader Lecture series
I love to learn. I love to teach.. I never presume that I know everything, since the key to knowledge is understanding how little you actually know. But my goal is to give information, insights and perspectives that allow you to broaden your thinking and to realize all that is possible.
My PhD is in Finance, which I obtained from The Ohio State University. My masters degrees are in Mathematics and Statistics, which I earned at The University of Kentucky. I also received BA and BS degrees with a triple major in Finance, Economics and Business Management from The University of Kentucky.
I have been on the faculty at Syracuse University since 2001. Before that, I taught classes at The University of Rochester, The Ohio State University, Indiana University and The University of Kentucky. I've been teaching at the college level since I was 22 years old, and have mostly taught classes in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics and Finance.
I am the author of the following books: "Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about College," "What if George Bush were a Black Man?", "Financial Lovemaking 101: Merging Assets with Your Partner in Ways that Feel Good," and "Black American Money."
Finally, I am the founder of the Your Black World Coalition, an organization and independent media outlet with over half a million subscribers worldwide. We have played a role in confronting destructive hip-hop music, and have also led campaigns on various civil rights issues in the African American community.