So, you're motivated to start your own business and get off the corporate plantation. You know what you want to accomplish, but the bigger question is, "how do I get it done?"
That's where The Black Wealth Academy comes into play. Not only do we show you how to get it done, we make sure that you aren't trying to do it all by yourself.
The best way to learn how to start and run a business is to speak regularly with other business owners, and learn from those who've already done the things that you're seeking to do. In The Black Wealth Academy, Dr Boyce Watkins meets twice a week with students who are seeking to build wealth, start their own businesses and achieve financial freedom on their own terms.
Dr. Watkins has taught Finance at the college level for the last 20 years in several nationally-recognized business schools. What makes this class so special is that the advice is hands-on, practical and provides solutions based on the needs of your business. The small-group setting allows students to participate in "The Lion's Den," where Dr Watkins hears you describe the status of your business so he can give direct feedback on how to solve your current problems and achieve your business goals.
In this class, long-term business partnerships are formed, along with strategic alliances, affiliate programs, and much, much more. In addition to weekly meetings, you'll have access to previous lectures, slides, videos and other content that will inundate you with all that is necessary for you to become successful. You'll also have one of the most respected black professors in the country helping you along the way.
Come join us in The Black Wealth Academy. We guarantee you'll love it.
I love to learn. I love to teach.. I never presume that I know everything, since the key to knowledge is understanding how little you actually know. But my goal is to give information, insights and perspectives that allow you to broaden your thinking and to realize all that is possible.
My PhD is in Finance, which I obtained from The Ohio State University. My masters degrees are in Mathematics and Statistics, which I earned at The University of Kentucky. I also received BA and BS degrees with a triple major in Finance, Economics and Business Management from The University of Kentucky.
I have been on the faculty at Syracuse University since 2001. Before that, I taught classes at The University of Rochester, The Ohio State University, Indiana University and The University of Kentucky. I've been teaching at the college level since I was 22 years old, and have mostly taught classes in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics and Finance.
I am the author of the following books: "Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about College," "What if George Bush were a Black Man?", "Financial Lovemaking 101: Merging Assets with Your Partner in Ways that Feel Good," and "Black American Money."
Finally, I am the founder of the Your Black World Coalition, an organization and independent media outlet with over half a million subscribers worldwide. We have played a role in confronting destructive hip-hop music, and have also led campaigns on various civil rights issues in the African American community.
The benefits of joining The Black Wealth Academy are as follows:
1) Regular interaction with Dr Boyce Watkins on a weekly basis. You meet Dr Watkins twice a week and get regular opportunities to enter into "The Lion's Den," where Dr Watkins asks you questions about your business as students get to listen in on your idea and help you to refine it.
2) Interaction with experienced experts who can help you to define and reach your business and financial objectives.
3) A vibrant forum that allows you to speak with other students to share ideas, motivation, partnerships and technical support. Many of our students have started businesses together, hired one another, and purchased each other's products. We've found that if you have a community of other conscientious black people to work with, you don't have to fear the challenge of doing everything on your own. The academy is more than a class: It's an economy.
4) Access to a private Facebook group that allows you to interact with other students in a continuous and dynamic way.
5) Free ebooks and products from Dr Watkins and other experts
6) Access to numerous mini-lectures, articles and other select products to ensure that you are well on your way to securing your personal financial independence.